Health Insurance Sales Agent
About Modern Health Solutions:
Modern Health Solutions helps families and businesses of all sizes find the best solution for their healthcare coverage. As an independent agency, we partner with around 40 different insurance companies across multiple states to help our clients get the best health insurance for their situation. This translates to less medical bills, peace of mind, and greater overall happiness for our clients.
Summary of Position:
Modern Health Solutions sales agents are licensed insurance professionals who help others with their health insurance needs. To be an MHS sales agent, you’ll need to become an expert in different types of insurance products to know what plan best fits a customer’s situation. The best sales agents take satisfaction in helping others solve complex problems by listening to their wants and needs.
A typical day of an insurance sales agent involves reaching out to prospects, gathering information on what their ideal insurance plan would look like, running quotes, and completing insurance applications. These activities are often done over the phone, but sometimes involve visiting with clients in person. Some agents also find value in attending networking events to get more leads.
Culture / Work Environment / Benefits:
- MHS is a small company and we do not currently have an office space
- Remote work environment and ability to set your own schedule
- One-on-one training with a sales manager
- Free leads are given to all sales agents
- Sales agents are independent contractors and responsible for their own health insurance, etc.
This is a full-commission role. We offer competitive starting compensation. A commission schedule can be provided upon request. Anticipated first year annual income is between $30,000-$35,000. In an insurance sales role, most agents are making $100,000 per year after four-five years in the field.
Qualifications & Skills Needed:
- Previous customer service experience required (bonus points if it was over the phone)
- Previous sales experience preferred and entrepreneurial mindset desired
- Proficient with technology – Internet, Microsoft Office products, texting, emailing, social media
- Life and health insurance license will need to be obtained before agent can begin selling